Registered Nurse I MedSurg Medical Unit Full Time Days Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
Registered Nurse I
MedSurg Medical Unit
Full Time Days
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
Registered Nurse I (RN) -Medical Surgical/Medical Unit- Great Learning Opportunities – Full Time – Days
Are you looking for a rewarding career and a tight-knit nursing team ? We’re looking for qualified Registered Nurse like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Denton, 3000 N I-35 TX, 76201
- Work environment: – Medical Surgical/ Medical Unit – A tight-knit unit with a team environment! The Registered Nurse will care for patients that are admitted to this unit with multiple acute chronic diseases such as pneumonia, general surgery, congestive heart failure.
- Work hours: Full Time Days, 36 hours weekly, rotating shift, rotating weekends/holidays
- Salary range: $27.50 – $52.88 (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
- ADN Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred;
- CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency (if necessary)
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training – within 60 days of hire
3 months clinical nursing experience and acceptance into a THR transitional program Req
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will:
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits (Eligible Full Time and Part Time employees) including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse:
- Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
- A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Location: Denton
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health Denton 3000 N I-35 TX 76201
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
PI151918014 #4987Apply Now