Full-Time Full Time Faculty Medical Surgical Nurse Education Bunker Hill Community College Boston MA
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full Time Faculty
Medical Surgical Nurse Education
Bunker Hill Community College Boston MA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College’s Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College’s locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the Associate Degree level in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings.
• Teach Medical/Surgical Nursing, including nursing process, critical thinking, pharmacology, therapeutic communications, priority setting and delegation.
• Provide clinical instruction to nursing students in Medical/Surgical Nursing
• Evaluate student performance in the classroom and clinical setting.
• Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students’ critical thinking
• Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service.
• Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
• Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of nursing course and assist in developing course standards.
• Use new simulations and computer technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
• Actively participate in on-going professional development.
• Actively engage in the development, implementation and evaluation of all components of the systematic program evaluation.
• Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
• Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing and current licensure or eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in good standing in Massachusetts
• Minimum of five years full-time experience in Nursing or its equivalent within the last eight years
• Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
• Two years full time teaching experience in a registered nurse program preferred, with background sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical content in medical surgical nursing; community college teaching experience preferred
• Experience with teaching in Learning Communities or openness to engaging in the teaching of Learning Communities
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References.
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$75,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: Fall semester, 2020. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By August 7, 2020.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
• Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/wsnbs8c768pf6qws
Department: Nurse Education Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jul 9, 2020
Ref No.: FAC
How to Apply
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/wsnbs8c768pf6qws