Behavioral Health Nursing Supervisor Texas Health Resources HEB
Behavioral Health Nursing Supervisor
Texas Health Resources HEB
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Nursing Supervisors like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health HEB 1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford TX 76022
- Work environment: Behavioral Health
- Work hours: Full Time (36 Hour) Night Shift; 7P-7A x3 shifts per week
- Salary range: $39.81 – $64.15 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated “Baby Friendly” facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
- Associate’s Degree Nursing required
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing preferred
- 2 years experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) required
Licenses and Certifications
- RN – Registered Nurse required upon hire And
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support (prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly) required And
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required upon hire And
- ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 6 months required Or
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 days required And
- ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 12 months required
- Quality/Performance Improvement: Collaborates with Leadership, UBC, and appropriate team members to establish, implement, and monitor department policies/procedures, facilitate unit goals, evaluate and individualize patient care and provide direction to staff to promote quality outcomes.
- Shared decision making: This role provides bedside leadership on a particular unit or units and shift, coordinating patient flow, patient care and assignments. Responsible for assisting the manager/director with human resource management to include evaluations, coaching, mentoring, recruitment, retention, education and orientation. Works with manager/director to control costs and manage department budget and productivity.
- Patient and Family Centered Care: Effectively communicates with patients, families and other healthcare team members by incorporating the 8 caring factors in the Quality Caring Model which include: basic human needs, human respect, encouraging manner, affiliation needs, mutual problem solving, healing environment, attentive reassurance and appreciation of unique meaning.
- Teamwork: Incorporates THR philosophy in working with peers, and other members of the health care team. Partners with physicians to advance physician engagement.
- Professional Development: Assimilates leadership responsibilities on the unit and throughout the entity and/or system. Promotes a positive image of Texas Health Nursing. Commits to autonomous maintenance and continuous improvement of competence and serves as a role model to other healthcare team members. Holds self and other accountable for highly reliable behavior.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Nursing Supervisor, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.